Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kuselan disappoints ..

Saw Kuselan on it's first day of release ... It's been a long time since I saw a movie on the first-day, it was almost part of my weekly schedule when I was in Pune ... I'm not a big Rajni fan, but I'm fascinated by the mass hysteria surrounding him .. I love watching Rajni movies within the first few days, as just being in the theatre is an experience in itself (Had none of it at Mayajaal though)..

Kuselan is not a bad movie - I'd say it's average - which is unacceptable by Rajni's standards. Here's my reasoning:
1) The movie dragged in parts, was slow with average screenplay (even though the story is good)
2) There were too many excruciatingly over-sentimental scenes
3) Comedy was very average, animation horrible
4) No attention to detail - Meena always wore lipstick & striking sarees for a barbers wife who doesn't have money to buy a chair! In another scene, when Rajni meets some Japanese, they greet each other by saying, "Sayanora" - which means 'Goodbye' in Japanese!

This movie will not fare anywhere close to 'Sivaji' or 'Chandramukhi', it will just do above average - which is a major disappointment for a Thalaivar movie. Most surprisingly, movie tickets are easily available (Major reason: only 50% tickets are reserved by the Rajni Fan Clubs), there is less hype around this movie - because Rajni appears in fewer scenes, there is no action, there is no villain, there is no Rajni style/punch dialogues and so on. Surely, Rajni needs to stop doing his favourite roles (Remember Baba?!) and continue doing his fan's favourite roles!

I am very sure I will not watch this movie for the second time - Sincerely contemplating watching Kung Fu Panda for the third time though!

No comments: